Friday, September 7, 2012

An improv finish

I finished the improv pieced quilt for my friend over the weekend, and here it is! I really like the colors in this quilt. It is so rich, in color and texture.  The dense quilting, along with the corduroy, flannel, and linen make it extra nice to pet.
This print with the words is one of my favorites. Everywhere it appeared I quilted with these tight straight lines to make the writing stand out. It krinkled up beautifully after a wash and dry.
It's bound in a demin-like fabric I found on sale. It is only tiny bit heavier than normal quilting fabric but has a great look and feel.
I backed it with the Numbers fabric from IKEA that I've been saving for use in this quilt.  It looks great with all the texture from the quilting. I think I might like the back as well as the front.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! The colors are nice and the whole thing works. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete