Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Expanding Makeup Bag

I slept away most of my days off again.  I hate to lose the time to sew, but it's just so tempting to get back in the nice, warm bed with a snuggly kitty.


I did finally get up around 1 (pm) today and spent the rest of the day doing laundry and generally being productive. I made this expanding makeup bag for my mom to take on trips.

Buttons to keep the top closed.
The middle piece is quilted with a loose stipple and the whole bag is lined.


Wires in the straight sides keep them stiff while a fabric string threaded though button holes in the ends allows the bag to expand.  The string doubles as a carrying handle when the bag is closed


I put pockets on the inside to hold small items.

Pockets for makeup brushes
Not much to show for two days off, but at least it's something. Tomorrow it's back to work :)

Linking to Finish it Friday!

1 comment: