Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rainbow Waves on the Design Wall

Another weekend full of sewing has flown by!  Today was spent visiting wit a friend, watching movies, and beginning to assemble the 48 HST blocks into 4-block sections.  We watched Waking Ned Devine today, which is possibly my favorite movie of all time.  If you haven't ever seen it you should fix that ASAP :)

Remember this is the Ocean Waves variation I found in this blog post.  Unfortunately the quilter does not seem to be actively blogging any more. It's an awesome block!


I have 9 of these 4-block units done, 3 more to go and then I begin assembling the top.  (Six units are shown above, that's half the quilt.) Here's to a quick work week and plenty of time to sew!

Linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. So many HST! Looking forward to seeing the quilt ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the colors, this will be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful quilt in the making. Awesome, if I made one, I wouldn't be able to give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wave quilt. love all the different fabric that can be used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a beautiful quilt! I love the Ocean Wave design and have not made one. I'm thinking one is in my future after seeing yours. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these blocks. if you like "waking ned divine" try these movies: "the last of the blonde bombshells" and "green fingers".

    ReplyDelete