Thursday, May 5, 2016

Man's Best Friend {Susan's Quilt}

This week I have another fun quilt for Covered in Love that was donated by a generous blog reader.  Susan (no blog) from Utah sent in this dog quilt top along with a generous amount of left over fabric!  I just had to quilt and bind to get it ready for donation.  This was one of 18 (yes, 18!) quilts I took to the hospital on Tuesday. For details on the drop off day and a sweet "thank you" from a family member read the post here.


This quilt is too cute! Susan fussy cut dogs from a panel and appliqued them onto patches alternating with four-patches of novelty dog-themed fabrics.


Dog bowls, paw prints, and text fabric, oh my!  Susan sent plenty of fabric for me to make a backing and binding from.


I gave the quilt just a simple stipple quilting.  I hope that this quilt will land with just the right family, some true dog lovers. 


If you would like to help out with Covered in Love we do of course accept finished quilts and tops (see the main page for details). If you're looking for a more low-key way to participate check out our monthly block drive!  You can send in as many or as few blocks as you like. Leave a comment or email me at merlin775 at gmail for the address to send to.


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

1 comment: