Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sun and Sea Design Wall

This month's Covered in Love block drive is a pretty blue and yellow block I'm calling Sun and Sea.  Quite a few block have come in but there is still lots of time left in June if anyone wants to contribute more blocks!  I haven't started putting these together yet but I have been playing with arranging them.


I think I like this arrangement best, which is sort of the inverse of the original layout, with some to-be-determined sashing in between.  Probably each quilt will be square, with 9 of these large blocks... We'll see.  At this point I am still just enjoying playing with them.  Last week and the weekend were very busy for me so I am looking forward to some relaxed  sewing time this week.

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting way to place those blocks. I never would have thought to face them into squares. Well done and I can't wait to see your finished masterpiece! Thank you for letting me participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how those blocks are coming together. I still SEW wish I could find some time to make a block or two to send. Maybe this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made some blocks, but have misplaced your address. I'm sorry, could you send it again?

    ReplyDelete