Monday, July 4, 2016

Design Wall Flannel Scraps

Happy July 4th everyone!  I am playing on the design wall with some of the results of last week's sewing extravaganza. I put together the 16 patch and 4 patch blocks for this flannel scrap quilt and today I am laying them out. 

Do you think that one large red square stands out too much?

I am thinking about what size quilt to make.  I have enough blocks to make a 64" x 80" quilt, which would be a generous size for an adult and quite heavy because of the flannel. Some of the fabrics are a little juvenile, so it might make more sense to make child-sized quilts. I could make a 64" square big-kid quilt and a 36" square baby quilt... What do you think?

Sleeping in the human-bed, as she should be

In other news, little Rey continues to settle in. Rory still hisses at her but Rey doesn't even seem to notice. In between the hissing there have been some moments of calm when they were almost playing together.  Rey is very independent and curious and thinks she rules the roost.  Things in her world have changed a lot in the past 2 weeks since she was almost a greasy spot on the side of the road.

Linking to Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't even notice the one red square until you pointed it out. I would leave it because it gives a homey feel...you know like representing the hearth like the old log cabin quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even notice the one red square until you pointed it out. I would leave it because it gives a homey feel...you know like representing the hearth like the old log cabin quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too didn't really notice the red square as standing out from the others. I would leave it Kat. Rey isjust adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 quilts are greater than one! And it will be easier for you to quilt smaller quilts, even on your mid-arm. Only downside it that it will increase the binding... I'm sure whatever you decide will work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete