Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Second verse: Same as the first

Happy Fall, stitchers! Break out the pumpkin spice everything and play the holiday music.  I for one can't wait for the weather to get the memo and catch up to the date on the calendar.  You all were gracious enough to let me take September off from out block drives to play some catch up.  Now we're ready to hit the ground running again!


For October we're going to be doing the very same block as we did last October.  These were very popular and several people asked for a reprisal. They make fabulous quilts, so why not?! You can find the original post and tutorial HERE.  These are 10.5" foundation pieced string blocks. No theme and no color scheme, just plain old scrap busters. Everything goes!


Last year you all sent in enough blocks to make 8 beautiful scrappy quilts to comfort families losing a loved one.  I can't wait to see what happens this year!


In case you're new around here, Covered in Love is a charity that donates quilts to families losing a loved one in the hospital.  There is a fairly in depth update on the program here.  Many of the quilts we donate are generated through monthly block drives where folks all around the quilt-y internet send in blocks which are combined into quilts. Anyone who wants to participate is more than welcome and you can make as many or as few blocks as you like.


The link to this month's tutorial is HERE. If you would like to participate or have questions please leave a comment (make sure I can contact you) or email CoveredinLoveTx@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. I'm in. I've never done a block with foundation, so this will be a new one for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. String quilts are the best! Look at all those pretty quilts that got made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! for a scrap buster block to get us back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! As soon as I get a scrap stash I am on it!
    I will be looking at the fabrics that I do have and see if I can "borrow" some. Such a wonderful way to help people, in their time of sorrow.
    Your blocks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete