Thursday, November 24, 2016

Last of the D9s

Happy Thanksgiving to US readers! Today I have two nice, fat, 72" square quilts done to round out August's Disappearing Nines block drive.  Supporters of Covered in Love sent in 130 black, white, and bright blocks to make a total of 6 quilts to be gifted to families who lose someone in the hospital.

It was so humid my lens got foggy and I didn't notice :(

One of these got a nice bright green backing while the other got an aqua blue. Both got a big stipple for quilting.


I bound them with scrap strings, one in black and white and one in blue/yellow/green.


Check out those cute little lanterns and bamboo!


Fun sewing themed text fabric.


The holiday block drive for Covered in Love is going on now if you'd like to help out by making a block or two (or ten)!  Thanks soooo much to all the ladies who contributed blocks to the August drive.  You're the best!!


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is stunning. I love the pop of color. This quilt will bring lots of comfort and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two more great CiL finishes! I do love a D9P; it might be time for me to make another one. Have you seen the Missouri Star company's latest video on a disappearing pinwheel variation? The end block looks like arrows pointing in opposite directions. Looks kinda fun!

    I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving day. I'm grateful for you and the good work you do for grieving families, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Kat!! Those blocks really made some cute quilts.

    ReplyDelete