Thursday, March 9, 2017

do. Good Stitches Finish

January was my turn again to choose a block for the do. Good Stitches Nurture circle and I chose a mini strip-and-flip. The girls did awesome as always!


9 blocks went on the front of the quilt and one on the back.  I decided to line up the colored striped vertically.  The quilt finished 55"x67".


For the first time in years I didn't use free-motion quilting. Instead I used a triple zig-zag stitch with a walking foot to quilt in the stripes with colored thread.  Suffice it to say, the experience didn't inspire me to convert back from free motioning :)


Since the thread colors are matched to the main part of each stripe, where it crosses over the "flip" section it contrasts.


Since about a year ago my do. Good Stitches circle has been supporting Covered in Love, which is such an honor!  I love seeing both our labels side-by-side.  The backing fabric looks a little washed out in the picture, but it's actually a pretty punchy orange with sprinkles of green.


Covered in Love makes quilts of comfort.  The latest CiL block drive just started recently and will run through April. If you want to help make blocks for grieving families jump on board here!

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Listening to...RENT.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt! Doing those zig zagz with a walking foot looks like a lot of work, but a nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt, she will be well loved! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out well, Kat. Happy return to FMQing!!

    ReplyDelete