Thursday, March 30, 2017

More Than Black and White


Happy weekend everybody!  I've got 2 finishes to show this weekend made from UFO projects that were donated to Covered in Love to finish up.


This one was made from a bunch of pre-cut black, white, and red fabrics.  I'm sorry to say I can't remember where these came from and my notes aren't detailed enough to tell me. If you donated these fabrics to me please comment and let me know! 


These black and white and bright blocks were paper pieced in some kind of bee or swap and came to me by way of Nancy R. from Tyler. 


Both of these used fluffy (donated) Quilter's Dream wool batting and were quilted up with a loose stipple.  Thanks to those that give to keep CiL going!


The weather is changing here. The A/C has been running and spring hail storms are popping up.  I saw this guy hanging out on the fence while I was taking quilt pictures.  He must have avoided our porch-cat so far, as he still has his tail!

Covered in Love makes quilts of comfort.  The latest CiL block drive will run through April. If you want to help make blocks for grieving families we'd love to have you. More info here


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Oh Scrap!

Listening to... an old classic.  I work as a Dresser from time to time when touring shows come through Tyler and I got to work the stage show of Dirty Dancing the other day. I dressed "Baby" and had a great time. After that I had to watch the movie (yes, I confess I'd never seen it!).

6 comments:

  1. Those black and white and X quilts really look nice! How did you like working with the puffy batting? Do you have a favorite batting? I've only used Warm and Natural, plus one bag of fusible stuff that I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilts! I loved that show when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOved that film clip - brought back lots of memories of a great film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing up TWO quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure put all those orphan blocks to good use. Quilters are all so generous. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete