Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's been a productive day


Thank to Joanne for helping me out with the squares I needed to finish off the rainbow strings quilt. It is now basted and ready to begin quilting. I didn't intentionally fussy-cut this quilt in the border, but isn't that just adorable? I've had a quilting pattern in mind for this practically since I first started it so I can't wait to get it done.

The other thing I spent time on today was developing a pattern for the Whirligig Quilt and revamping my etsy shop to sell quilty stuff. Hopefully within the next few days I'll have the Whirligig pattern stocked in there.








I got tired of looking at the box of scraps I brought home from my LQS a few months ago so I decided to reduce them all the 2.5" squares and start a leaders-enders project to make use of them. They're all nice quality fabrics but mostly odd shapes, some up to a quarter yard or so. I couldn't believe how many 2.5" squares came out of that scrap box! I don't know how much fabric was there, but it must have been a few yards. Anyway, a scrappy Double Irish Chain is now in the works, one leader-ender at a time. I hope you had a good day and you're heading for a good week!

1 comment: