Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rainbow Strings is finished!


I'm so excited to finally have another finish, all krinkly and soft from the dryer! I finished this yesterday but had to wait till today for pictures. This quilt started out with foundation pieced string squares from my scrap boxes and grew from there.

I was trying to mimic half square triangles with the colors. It finished at about 54" square. I quilted it with V-shaped lines to match the string chevron design. On the border I outlined the colored squared and did cross hatches through to white ones. The backing is a striped sheet. I'm super pleased with the way this one turned out.


For the record, this is what happens when I try to take pictures. Hope you had a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful - I'd like to see the whole quilt. Nice vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!! Please post a picture of it in full...looks like you varied the colors in the border too. Stunning, and to think it's from your scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the half square triangle idea....beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete