Friday, July 2, 2010

Not Dead, Just Lazy


I've been enjoying my lazy summer - maybe a little too much! It turns out that I mostly quilt for stress relief, and when I'm not stressed I lose all motivation to quilt.

I recently made a couple of little purses based on this tutorial with the fabrics I won this spring.

I also finished the sampler quilt last night and today. I leave for camp tomorrow, so it had to be done.

I quilted large, random, overlapping squares in the red areas and outlined the designs in the samplers. At first I wasn't sure about the fish fabric for the back, but now that it's together I really like it.

Realistically, this will probably be the last post for another long while. I am leaving tomorrow for a week of camp and immediately after that we leave for two weeks of roadtrip vacation visiting family. I just wanted to check in and let you know I wasn't gone for good. Hope you're having a great summer! Kat.

1 comment:

  1. You have been quite productive! Glad you are enjoying the fabrics.

    Hugs,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete