Monday, October 29, 2012

My points match! (mostly)

Bit of a blurry picture but it shows the true colors
One of our local community theaters is doing "Quilters: The Musical" coming up this next summer. During the play the characters put together a quilt with 16 blocks, so of course we need to make a quilt for the show! We're actually making 2 quilts because we need one complete for the end of the show and one incomplete as a prop.

I got the task of making the two lonestar blocks we need, mainly because no one else wanted to volunteer for them. The quilter who is in charge of the whole project has, to say the least, a different quilting style than me. She's one of those quilters whose points all match and who never have a clashing color in their quilts. I was worried if I would be able to make my blocks up to her standards, but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Still not sure if it will be good enough for her, but I'm impressed.
The view from the back.  I pressed all the seams open to reduce bulk.
In other, and much sadder, news.  The tall ship HMS Bounty was lost off the east coast this morning in Sandy.  14 crew were rescued, one has been found dead, and another is still missing.  The tall ship community is small and tight knit and I thoughts and prayers are with those sailors and their families today.

No comments:

Post a Comment