Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sunday Catch-up

Hello! It's been a whole week since I posted. My family went on vacation to New Mexico this past week to enjoy to desert in all its natural glory :) 

White Sands National Monument at sunset
Despite being gone most of the week, I did accomplish some sewing before we left that I'll be blogging about soon.

The Kitchen Mesa hike, aka, "The big one"
After I get some rest and recover a bit.

Nothing says "welcome back to Texas" like a full garden!
I am making pepper vinegar and pepper jelly with out excess of Cayennes and the tomatoes we can't eat will be frozen.  If anyone has any other suggestions for preserving these veggies I'd appreciate them :)

Practicing spiral quilting on a scrappy quilt
I made a couple of baby quilts from my scraps last weekend. I decided to use the manageable size to tackle some quilting techniques I've wanted to try. The girl quilt got a tight spiral.  I was pleasantly surprised with how easily the spiral went on and the lack to wrinkles or pulling.  I'll be using this technique on a larger quilt soon.



The other thing I have to tell you about is the upcoming Pets On Quilts quilt show at Lily Pad Quilting!  This online quilt show will feature photos of pets on quilts as well as quilts about pets and some great pet-themed quilty prizes.  As regular readers will know, this is pretty much an entire blog of cats-on-quilts pictures, so I can hardly wait for the linky to open up!

1 comment:

  1. You were in NM and didn't even stop by to say hi?! Seesh ;-) Maybe next time. I'm a 3rd generation New Mexican and still had to go look up where Kitchen Mesa is! I'm a big fan of spiral quilting, so I hope you show us more of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete