Thursday, August 6, 2015

Black and White and Red All Over

You know the old joke, and here's the quilt in the flesh.  Or fabric, as it were.


The pattern is called four-patch slice; you can see the tutorial here. It's super easy to make for maximum visual impact.


At one point as I was quilting this I got it at a 45 degree angle to me and saw what the design would look like on point. I think this looks really cool, too. Might have to try that next.

Four-patch slice on point
The quilt is backed in a nice bright red fabric and bound in black. I quilted a stipple with white thread.


Labeled and ready to go.  If you'd like to learn more about Covered in Love click here. This month's block drive is flying geese blocks, you can find the tutorial here.


Here's hoping your weekend will be full of quality sewing time! I'm linking to Friday Finishes at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

  1. I've made a top with that tutorial (never got it quilted) and it was very easy (I was a very new beginner then). It's still just a top. :-( I used Kate Spain Sunnyside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great looking quilt-I love black/white/grey/red. Thanks for including the link to the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt. I have never seen this type of a design before. You're used to color was great in this Congrats.

    ReplyDelete