Thursday, July 28, 2016

May's Tall Nine Patches 3 & 4

Deja vu?  No, just the next (and final) two of May's Tall Nine Patch quilts from the May Covered in Love block drive.  The first two were quilted by Judy, I posted about them a couple weeks ago. These two were quilted by me.


The smaller one is 60" square, the other is 60"x72".  Both of them were quilted with a stipple and bound with pastel blue/grey fabrics.


This color scheme was my favorite that we've done on the block drives in a while. I love love love the soft, soothing blues and yellows with the grey.


Thank you to all the quilters who continue to support CiL, through the block drives.  I love making out the labels as I finish  off each quilt and writing all the names.  I think having the names is also a nice personal connection for the family that ultimately receives the quilt.


It's the end of the month again (how does that keep happening?!) so August's Covered in Love block drive is up.  Big difference from last month's block, these are kind of a wild take on disappearing nine patch.  If you're new around here, the monthly block drive benefit Covered in Love and anyone can participate any month you want making as many or as few blocks as you like. Visit the block drive page for more information.


I hope everyone's weekend is full of sewing and fun!

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

4 comments:

  1. The tall 9's look so nice! That's a really great block. I like that you put our first names on the label; it gives me a little thrill to see mine there. We're not supposed to put our names on Project Linus blankets, but I think it does make the human connection on CiL quilts. Thank you for that special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tall 9. Where are you getting your labels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a soothing color combination. You received such a wonderful variety of blocks and the quilts quilted up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous!! I really love the color combination. Love it!

    ReplyDelete