Thursday, September 8, 2016

A Celebration of Mina

One of Covered in Love's most frequent and dedicated volunteers is Mina from Kinda Quilty.  She frequently sends not only blocks and occasionally finished quilts, but quite a few tops.  This week I finally finished a string top she sent that I've had for an embarrassingly long time!  As fortune would have it, two of Mina's other tops returned this week via US post from Judy's house aka the quilting spa. You can see Judy's post with great pictures of the wonderful job she did quilting here.


I bordered Mina's top with some green yardage and quilted it with a large loopy stipple in a khaki thread.  As a side note, that large spool of nice thread along with a lot of flannel yardage good for backings was passed to me through the chaplains from a family member of someone we gifted a quilt to :)


I posted a long update about Covered in Love on Wednesday if you're interested.  The program has grown and evolved so much since it started.  I owe everything to the volunteers, like Mina, who support Covered in Love and believe in me. Thank you thank you!!


The Mexican Petunias have really showed out this summer.  I hope you're looking forward to a great weekend!

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it Friday.

5 comments:

  1. Mina's & your quilt is lovely. String quilts always have such movement and liveliness! I read your story of CiL and I admire what you're doing in your area. Obviously it's making a difference to your patients and especially their families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful example of how stunning string quilts can be - and the green border sets it off perfectly. I hope it brings someone lots of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt! Kudos to Mina and you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words, Kat. It amazes me to see how beautiful these quilts become and I am so happy to be a part of giving to those in need of a quilty hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Mina do good work!! There is no time limit for love. I'm sure that Mina wasn't worried about the fact that you hadn't gotten around to quilting to her quilt top until now!

    ReplyDelete