Thursday, June 8, 2017

Shine!

Happy weekend everyone! I've just dropped off some more Covered in Love quilts at the hospital.  We're up to 190 quilts given to grieving families!


You might remember a couple weeks ago on my charity link-up, Sew Some Love, I showed off this HST top.  A local quilter, Kathy, was kind enough to finish off the HST top I made from a donated "Shine" fat quarter bundle.  She did some stitch in the ditch that really brings out the design and lets the cute fabrics shine.
 

I wish I had taken pictures of the process of making this quilt.  Basically I went through the FQ bundle and paired light and dark FQs, laying them right sides together. Then I drew on the back of one of each pair, outlining (4) 8.5" squares and then drawing diagonal lines 0.25" to either side of the center line. Sew on the diagonals and cut on the straight lines and it makes 8 HSTs at once with minimal waste.

There are four quilters helping with Covered in Love now and I can't tell you what a relief it is!  For this quilt the FQ bundle, backing, and quilting were all donated.  Thank you to everyone who helps.  I hope you have a great week!


The current Covered in Love block drive is going on until the end of June if you want to help out.  More info here



Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Listening to... a classic :)

7 comments:

  1. Sew good to see that HST quilt that you made. And what a blessing to have quilters helping you with quilting all the lovely quilts. 190 quilts is a great number of quilts for the hurting families. I know as word gets out more about your charity that more quilts will come. I'm glad I can help with blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt - half square triangles are always so versatile - the light and dark look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks to Kathy for doing the quilting :)

    And thanks for sharing that HST technique; I've never read that one before. I'm wondering if it would work with a yield of more than four...hmm. I think I'll go try to get nine or 16 that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quilt holders. Seriously, beautiful job. I know someone will just love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful cause! Beautiful quilts, too, and I love the current block drive block. Very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the layout of this CiL quilt. Especially like that you used the remnants of the FQs to create add increased length to the quilt!! Those rectangular pieces worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 190 quilts! Wow! Wonderful cause, beautiful job, ladies!

    ReplyDelete