Friday, August 11, 2017

HOME!

Yes, I'm finally home from my summer in Santa Fe. It was a good summer, full of ups and downs. Nice to step back from working on CiL a bit, but of course that just meant I had different problems to focus on :P

Tent Rocks, NM
My summer included:
  • a deathly ill dog, a midnight run around Santa Fe for blood to transfuse, and a miraculous recovery
  • facial shingles (not mine) which invaded an eye and led to post-herpetic neuralgia
  • a young-adult with Down Syndrome who caught chicken pox
  • multiple dental surgeries (not mine)
  • installing an IKEA kitchen
  • attempting online dating (marginal success, mostly stressful)
I feel like I'm forgetting some things, but that's a start anyway.  I am glad to be back home to my regular, boring life!  I was greeted by a knee-high pile of mail. Opening boxes is always exciting! 


I've opened and sorted everything at this point. Yesterday I labeled all the quilts from the May/June block drive that Cynthia so wonderfully put together.  Look for a post on them coming soon. Today I went to the post office, working on getting fresh tops out to the volunteer quilters :) The kitties are happy to see me, of course. Rey immediately resumed her post as block inspector. 


There were some wonderful surprises in the mail.  Aurifil and QT Fabrics both sent donations to CiL, thanks to Nicki K. who took it upon herself to ask around for me!  I'll be posting more about them both later, but definitely think about showing them some love if you're in the market for thread or fabrics. 

Jovie, the day she came home from the vet

And of course there were lots of blocks, tops, and fabrics sent in by wonderful quilters around the country.  Your support not only keeps CiL going, but this summer it allowed me to go support my friends.  Thank you all!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back home! Sounds like you had a VERY eventful summer...some good, some bad. It looks like you have your work cut out for you via mail deliveries while you were away. Rey doesn't seem to miss a beat in getting back to her important job. And Jovie beat all odds & is happy to be back home. What a beautiful picture of Tent Rocks, NM. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I hope that medical issues, both human and pet, are behind you for a good, long while. Looks like the cats have forgiven you :)

    What an abundance of mail! Now I'm glad that I'm a little behind schedule in mailing out my blocks and quilt to you. And yay for new sponsors! I love Aurifil, and know QT fabrics are quite high quality. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your home safe and sound. We had a cat that would bee a twin to yours. Dearly loved that cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite the eventful summer! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete